I am a photographer, painter, web designer, out of practice yogini, voracious reader, sporadic knitter and reluctant cook. I am a wife, mother of a 13 and 3 year old, and have been described as a “kicky” gal. I can live with that.
I am not a writer and I don’t play one on tv or the internet. Words are not my thing. In fact, words and I are barely on speaking terms. So, enjoy the rants about my children or web programming and the obligatory photos of the “grandbaby”. And I am NOT an engineer!
25 things you should know about me. There will be a quiz.
- I was born in Detroit, Michigan. If both my kids were born in California, can I still be a Motor-city Mama?
- I am adopted and I think Ted Nugent is my ‘real’ father. Or maybe Iggy Pop.
- My eyes used to be blue. Now they’re green.
- I grew up in a pink house. With coral trim. It’s a very romantic story… really!
- I graduated #9 in my high school class. I’m smart. Didn’t take any of those annoying AP classes.
- Met Johnny Rotten after a PIL concert. When my then boyfriend said “So, I hear you’re gonna jam with Ted Nugent”, Johnny flipped him off and said “Fuck that!” Sweet.
- I got the hell out of Michigan in ’90. Took the Sain’t with me.
- Lived in San Francisco, went back to Detroit for awhile, and then moved to Southern California. Now I am back in Northern California. I get around.
- I have lived beach-front twice! It is as great as you think.
- I have been creating art all my life. But really, who lets a 5yr old use oils?!
- Me and a room-mate (also a painter) lived in a big brick gallery/studio in Ventura, Ca. When we moved in, there was only a bathroom w/sink and toilet, a closet, and space!
- We had an exhibit of our paintings at a gallery on Main St. and opened our studio for the Christmas Art Walk that year. Surreal evening…
- I am a connoisseur of community colleges.
- I tell my son that his ‘real’ name is Rufus Beauregard.
- I am the meanest mom ever!
- I am now married to a man I think is wonderful! In spite of his being an engineer.
- I taught myself HTML/CSS so that I could tweak the looks of my first blog. How I ended up programming with PHP is a mystery.
- Don’t call me an engineer!
- Although I dream of upgrading my dSLR, the Holga is my favorite camera.
- My folks split the year between Michigan and Florida. I miss them and don’t get to see them nearly enough!
- My dad is 90. That scares the shit out of me.
- I love my in-laws. The fact that they now live in Santa Cruz is the cherry on top of an extra large strawberry shake.
- I don’t like to cook. You probably already knew that. Avocados are my favorite food group.
- I hate having my picture taken.
- Boston Coolers are blended! The Sain’t is wrong.